Massage Therapy, Howard County
Mary Mulrow has been offering Massage Therapy services to Howard County and its surrounding areas for the past 15 years. Mary joined the team at Chesapeake Family Wellness in late 2015 and has helped many of our patients find pain relief and balance.
Massage Therapy services are offered on site, five days a week from 10:30am – 7:30pm. Sessions can range in time from 15 to 90 minutes. Shorter sessions typically focus on “condition specific” issues with longer sessions remaining focused or including general full body work or specialty massage. Massage appointments should be scheduled in advance either in person, by phone at 240-620-3425, or requesting an appointment online. Massage may also be enjoyed on a walk-in basis (availability permitting).
Service & Rates
- Deep Tissue Massage – Designed to remove severe tension, deep tissue massage is a technique used to relieve both muscles and connective tissue below the surface. It helps to improve range of motion and heal injuries below the surface.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – Neuromuscular Therapy uses a variety of trigger point techniques to provide a deep and lasting relaxation of your muscular problems.
- Integrative Massage – An integrated approach to massage incorporates multiple styles or techniques to treat a range of issues.
Investing in massage is an investment in your health!
Rates for all services are as follows:
15 Minutes: $25
30 Minutes: $45
60 Minutes: $85
75 Minutes: $105
90 Minutes: $125
Please inquire about monthly specials and package discounts.
Massage Therapy appointments are available:
|Monday||10:30am – 7:30pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am – 7:30pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am – 7:30pm|
|Thursday||10:30am – 7:30pm|
|Friday||10:30am – 7:30pm|
|Saturday||By Appointment Only|
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Meet Mary Mulrow
Mary is a licensed massage therapist offering a variety of massage and bodywork services to help relieve pain, release tight areas, restore function and improve overall health and well being. For more than 20 years, Mary has provided high quality service with excellent results. She has specialized training in neuromuscular therapy, deep tissue massage, light touch neuromuscular therapy, and energy healing. Her therapy sessions combine these techniques customized to address your specific needs.